Today is Independence Day in Senegal. Upon wakening to the call of prayer, it was a vivid reminder that true freedom only comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!
Except for a quick trip to the market, I mostly stayed in for the day. I don’t know which is worse, traffic in Dakar or in Neosho on city-wide garage sale day!...grinning. I hope all went well for the Thailand team and their sale.
At one point today, I didn’t to see what was on TV. To my surprise I turned to the “camel races!” It was a hoot!...one of those things ya just gotta see.
Last night I had the privilege of going to prayer meeting with Elizabeth at the International Baptist Church. Now you talk about a prayer meeting…those people can pray! They have been a tremendous support for Anastasia and it was great for me to be able to worship with them.
Pastor Owusu-Baafi spoke from the scripture passage of Joshua 2. He focused on vs. 9-11. So much of what he said just reinforced the Bible study some of us have been doing on spiritual warfare. The point was made that Rahab was not an Israelite, but a prostitute from Jericho. Verse 9 states she knew that the Lord had given the land to them and had heard of how He had parted the Red Sea. She knew of HIS power and said that “all who live in the country are melting in fear”. Those from Jericho remembered what the Lord had done to deliver the Israelites and who the Israelites where. Then the pastor asked “do you remember what God has done to deliver you and who you belong to?” No matter what challenges we face, God can move mountains and part the Red Sea. All authority in heaven and earth is HIS!!!... Matthew 28:18:19 and HIS command is to “GO!” Whew! What a message it was! They ended the meeting with singing …
♫ “not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit saith the Lord. ♪♫ This mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed, by the Spirit saith the Lord” ♪ .
How neat was that? Have we not seen a few mountains moved in the last few months for Anastasia!?! Yeah God!
This evening Rosie (Joseph’s girlfriend) came and spend some “girl” time with me and helped me buy my new pair of Easter shoes. Karen, you will be so jealous!!...grinning! It’s just amazing how shopping can tear down any language barrier!!!
Tomorrow morning I will be attending church with Elizabeth again. I’m going to have to practice on my rhythm. Compare to our African brothers and sisters, we just don’t have it!!!
Love and blessings to all,
Cindy
Except for a quick trip to the market, I mostly stayed in for the day. I don’t know which is worse, traffic in Dakar or in Neosho on city-wide garage sale day!...grinning. I hope all went well for the Thailand team and their sale.
At one point today, I didn’t to see what was on TV. To my surprise I turned to the “camel races!” It was a hoot!...one of those things ya just gotta see.
Last night I had the privilege of going to prayer meeting with Elizabeth at the International Baptist Church. Now you talk about a prayer meeting…those people can pray! They have been a tremendous support for Anastasia and it was great for me to be able to worship with them.
Pastor Owusu-Baafi spoke from the scripture passage of Joshua 2. He focused on vs. 9-11. So much of what he said just reinforced the Bible study some of us have been doing on spiritual warfare. The point was made that Rahab was not an Israelite, but a prostitute from Jericho. Verse 9 states she knew that the Lord had given the land to them and had heard of how He had parted the Red Sea. She knew of HIS power and said that “all who live in the country are melting in fear”. Those from Jericho remembered what the Lord had done to deliver the Israelites and who the Israelites where. Then the pastor asked “do you remember what God has done to deliver you and who you belong to?” No matter what challenges we face, God can move mountains and part the Red Sea. All authority in heaven and earth is HIS!!!... Matthew 28:18:19 and HIS command is to “GO!” Whew! What a message it was! They ended the meeting with singing …
♫ “not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit saith the Lord. ♪♫ This mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed, this mountain shall be removed, by the Spirit saith the Lord” ♪ .
How neat was that? Have we not seen a few mountains moved in the last few months for Anastasia!?! Yeah God!
This evening Rosie (Joseph’s girlfriend) came and spend some “girl” time with me and helped me buy my new pair of Easter shoes. Karen, you will be so jealous!!...grinning! It’s just amazing how shopping can tear down any language barrier!!!
Tomorrow morning I will be attending church with Elizabeth again. I’m going to have to practice on my rhythm. Compare to our African brothers and sisters, we just don’t have it!!!
Love and blessings to all,
Cindy
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36

Aww...beautiful Rosie! Tell her I said hello...again! Praying God does awesome things while you're there!
ReplyDelete