Friday, April 03, 2009

Dr Devo's follow-up







Today has been a great day. We took Anastasia for her follow-up appt. with Dr. Devo, a pediatric opthamologist. The exam went well. Anastasia is able to see and follow light now, which she wasn’t able to do on her first visit. Yeah God!!! Dr Devo said that gaining her sight will be a gradual thing

From a surgical perspective everything looked great and there was no sign of infection. With all the dust and dirt flying around here, that is one thing that we need to be faithful in praying against. Dr. Devo seemed to think that Dr. Ndiaye would release Anastasia Tuesday. We are praying for that so we can then travel on down to Sedhiou on Wed.

It was wonderful to be able to spend some time with Angelique and Anastasia. When Anastasia was awake she loved bouncing up and down. Even though she is petite it almost wore me out! Where is a “Johnny Jump Up” when you need it!...grinning. Needless to say I have given her hugs and kisses from all the medical team and more!

Tonight I am going with Elizabeth to prayer meeting and Sunday she has invited me to attend church with her. As you can see, I am being well taken care of.

The weather has been wonderful. There is a nice cool breeze off the ocean. Believe it or not, I had to get up and get a light blanket last night! I will enjoy it while it lasts because Pastor N’gom said it is already hotter than blue blazes down south.

Last night I went to read My Utmost and the scripture for the day was Acts 9:17
“…the Lord Jesus…has sent me that you may receive your sight…”
I got goose bumps! That is exactly why I’m here…so that spiritual sight will be gained just as Paul received his sight! Oswald ended the daily devotion by writing

Since mine eyes have looked on Jesus,
I’ve lost sight of all beside,
So enchained my spirit’s vision,
Gazing on the Crucified.

To my family…I love you and miss you. I am so thankful and blessed by your support and understanding.

Blessings to all,
Cindy




No comments:

Post a Comment