" I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety" Psalm 4:8
Once I got up this morning I decided that I probably needed to just make this a day of rest. I have been able to rest, do some reading, and just gear up for the couple of weeks ahead. It was nice just to stand on my balcony and take in all the sights and sounds of the city...not to leave out the smell of trash burning!...grinning!
It is so nice being able to stay here at the IMB Guest House. The facility here provides such nice accommodations for both volunteers and field workers. I had the pleasure of meeting one couple who was taking language lessons today in one of the classrooms. They were learning Wolof. Language is one of the biggest challenges here in West Africa. There is a language for each people group, even though French is the official language. I mind can't fully wrap around what all is involved in learning the language. I was so proud of myself just being able to walk across the street and buy a coke, bottle of water, and phone card by myself!!!Another IMB family, that is staying here at Grand Yoff until tomorrow, has six small children. After visiting w/them the Lord reminded me of the importance of us fulfilling our responsibilty to pray for our M's! They face so many challenges and it is prayer that makes the difference.
Robert (our grounds keeper here) reinforced that concept with me today. He has been ill for the last 6 mths, and for about 3 mths was not able to work. I told him that I would be praying for him. He then proceded to ask me about his "dear friend, Pastor Sam". I informed him that Sam was doing well but had also been dealing with some heart problems (not that Sam would ever admit that!). Robert continued to inform me that healing comes from the "Great Physician", through the power of prayer. He went on to explain that God gave Moses the instructions to live by on "tablets", the Dr gives us a "medicinal tablet" for our physical bodies, but prayer is our "spiritual tablet"! ( I just LOVE the way Africans think in such practical application! I know, some of who are thinking, it's Cindy...keep it simple!...sad but true! ) Sam, Robert wanted me to be sure and tell you he sends his greetings and will be praying for you.
Tomorrow morning Joseph and I will be taking Anastasia to see Dr. Devo. Please pray for an opportunity for me to share Christ.
For HIS Kingdom,
Cindy
"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them theat they should always pray and not give up!" Luke 18:1

No comments:
Post a Comment