Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hosanna to the King!

Elizabeth...

Pastor Owusu-Baafi and his wife...

Bride and Groom...


Pastor Samuel (GSM), Angelique, and Anastasia ...

Today was another blessed day of worship. I had the privilege of attending the International Baptist Church with Elizabeth. This is a church that several missionary families attend. I was able to see several of the women that had attended the women's conference in 2007. The services are spoken in English so that was a treat as well. I'm pleased to also report that Angelique and Anastasia also attended. Although Angelique may not have understood all that was said, my prayer is that the Holy Spirit ministered to her heart. His Word was spoken and He promises us that it will not come back void.

Once again Pastor Owusu-Baafi had a very thought provoking message. It was from the passage of Mark 11:1-11. Following is an excerpt from the bulletin:

"So as Jesus rode on the colt, as had been prophesied in Zechariah 9:9, the chant of the people had become the reality of the chant of the Psalmist in 118:22-27. Yes, the King was going to save the people, but not from theRomans as they expected; it would be from sin and death into a better Kingdom that is everlasting. That reality is what the people missed during Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, and it is why their chant quickly changed from 'Hosanna', to 'Crucify Him!'. The pivotal question this 'Palm Sunday' then is, 'What do you mean when you shout, Hosanna!' Do you mean, 'Jesus, save me from my sins'; or, 'Praise to the giver of what I want'? Is your 'Hosanna' a shout of praise for your salvation, or a simple and hollow celebration of a religious festival?"

I can't answer for you but I want my "Hosanna" to be a shout of praise for my salvation!!!

After church I had the privilege of attending a wedding reception for a Ghanian couple in the church. I am always humbled at the gracious hospitality that is always extended to me!

I want to thank-you all so much for your prayers. I can feel them. Please continue to pray for Anastasia and her healing process. She was opening her eyes a lot more today than she was Friday. Most importantly, pray that Angelique will gain her spiritual sight.

Love to my family...it is wonderful to hear your voices!
For His Kingdom,
Cindy

"Hosanna in the highest!" Mark 11:10

No comments:

Post a Comment