No one ever knows what a day in Africa will bring!! Today was quite the blessing in many ways. We first went to Bambacounda and I decided to stop there at the garden that the women of the village were working in. For some reason, they recognized me…grinning. There was dancing, hugging, and even kisses were exchanged as I arrived. The Lord blessed the entire team with such a sweet time there. The 3 Korean ladies were given their Manjacku names there. There was 1 man and possibly 10 women who prayed to receive Christ. We gave out several salvation bead bracelets and Don was given the platform to share the gospel of Christ with about 20 adults. None of the women that prayed to receive Christ can read… any language. Please pray that they will be able to learn and grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior through Mr. Mendy’s teaching and from Pastor N’gor. Our interpreters all question whether they have full knowledge of the decision they have made. Scripture tells us that His Word will not come back void so we need to pray that the seeds planted today will grow to full fruition.
As we were leaving Bambacounda we couldn’t help but notice a mamma sheep having difficulty giving birth. Those of you that know me, know that I do not birth babies of any kind! But praise God we had some trash bags that I tied around Jean’s hand for gloves and he assisted in the delivery of a new precious sheep. What a wonderful picture of the spiritual birth we had just experienced an hour before. “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the shseep.” John 10:14-15
When we left Bambacounda, Mr. Mendy’s youngest brother lead us to a new village called Kountoubou. This village is highly populated w/Mandyak and the chief is Mandyak. We had a sweet time of building relationships, visiting under the tree and once again Don was able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The chief had been treated at the medical clinic and was very grateful for the medical team’s efforts. The entire village welcomed us w/open arms and grateful hearts.
Thank-you so much for your continual prayer support. Gwen and I were able to even get a power nap in today. Please cont to pray for us to have direction as to where HE is leading. We want to make the most of EVERY opportunity just as we are commanded in Col 4:5.
To our families, we miss you and love you dearly.
For His Kingdom,
Cindy
“When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, ‘The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.’ Matthew 9:36-38
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment