Hey everyone Monday was one of those days where we thought things would never get started. We had to wait for the meat to arrive at the market to buy for the day at DalingDaghto, go to get sugar and tea, load all the equipment for the movie and figure out how to get everyone to DD. We then arrived at Buno later and stayed longer than expected (Africa has no time). We were able to meet a new portion of the family at Buno and was able to establish good relations. We then went to Kontobou (sp?) to drop off some milk for a child. Finally to our destination. It was a great day and had a great teaching on Pastor Leadership and Deacon Servanthood. It was a great teaching for the church at DD. We then met with the church elders and leaders to discuss how they wanted the church to grow and what they could do to see God's Kingdom's work done. It was an awesome time of sharing Vision. They had already planned the night at Buna to show the Jesus Film.(There is 6 Believers at Buna) The night went well with over 80 watching the film. We arrived at the River House Hot, tired, and worn out, about 1:15am. It was great to see the desire of the Mandyak church at DD to want to reach out; first at Buna and then Tubba (both are Mandyak). They shared their needs, their heart, their passion with Scott, Jefferson, Joseph and myself. It was the Mandyak Pow Wow. God is reaching the Mandyak. I will have to give more details later. This morning (Tues.) we met with the Governor. He spent over an hour talking. I tried and tried to get in a word with very little success. However, he agreed that the next time I am in town he would meet with me to discuss our beliefs. I'm not sure how much more he could add. He basically told us everything about Islam and Christ from the Islamic point of view possible. Even though I only got in 25 words(yes, I said words and not minutes) I feel the foundation has been laid for our next visit. As close as we can tell it was over 110 degrees today. The wind felt like a Blow Dryer. We were so thankful for the AC in Jefferson's car and also for about 50% of the road being in good shape. We won't talk about how bad the other 50% was. We came to a village where one of their family compounds was on fire. It only lasted 10 minutes, but destroyed 12 family homes (80 people) and all their food for the year. The worst was they were still trying to see if anyone was killed in the fire. It was a horrible sight and the distress of the family screaming, wailing, weeping was heart breaking. There was no way to extinguish the fire, it is a horrible reality for the Africa way of living here in Senegal. Jefferson and I both offered a contribution to try and ease some of their grief and loss. We are tired and in need of rest, so I'm saying good night for now. Pastor Roger |
Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Note from Pastor Roger
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment