Thursday, March 03, 2011

A great day in the Lord
 
Today has been fun, exciting and blessed. We did not get started as early as desired, but I am not sure it was needed. The heat does slow thing down considerably. Buddy and I both feel we could have talked a lot more but it probably would not have been comprehended. Smaller teaching periods may be necessary. Buddy did a fantastic job teaching and getting interaction from the folks. That is generally a difficult task. We had a large and lengthy discussion on stewardship. I did a message/teaching on Romans 5:1-5. I added some demonstrations which help illustrate the truth. I would not call it a children's sermon because it was adult level. There were about 20 students. The team of well drillers/diggers took the day off so they could participate. Tutsy (spelling ??) sit in the back so she could translate the teaching into Creole. They were believers from the Balant peoples in Guinea Bissau.
 
Tomorrow, Friday, we will be going to Kontoubou for an evangelistic visit. Then back to Bamakounda to begin sharing. We will be there both Friday and Saturday. Sunday we will be here in Sedhiou where Buddy will probably preach. We will then go to the river to baptize. If we can get done in time, we will try to send pictures of the baptism in time for the 10:30 service. I will mail those to Scott as well as posting them on the blog.
We have some pictures from today but I do have the connecting cord with me. So will try to post them later. The electricity has been off most of the day. I left my computer to be charged. It charged about 5% so the power was not on long. The problem is that the city cannot pump water into the tower for distribution in town. So again tonight we will bathe in a bucket…. But hey it is not Saturday night yet!
 
It is hard to keep the days straight. Buddy had real problems yesterday, then I had them today. We are not going to go back through the Gambia but to Tambacounda. We are going to leave after lunch on Monday and overnight there. We will proceed to Dakar on Tuesday. This will help us note other possibilities in travel. On Wednesday, we plan on trying to meet with parties interested in the Manjac peoples as well as doing some shopping, etc.
 
Please continue to hold us up in prayer. We depend upon you all so much. It was with pride (a good pride) to share with the church at Djaladingkoto that I stepped out of the prayer meeting yesterday to talk with the team in America that was praying for them at that specific time. Please pray that Go will do a wonderful work in the villages of Bona and Touba … new work sites for the church.
 
Bro. Sam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment