Scott,
I heard from Gary yesterday and thought I'd share what he shared with me. I know many are wanting to follow the blog and there hasn't been anything yet. So if you choose, feel free to update with what he told me....edited of course.
First day of clinic went great. They saw about 135 patients "officially" and another 25 or 30 "unofficially" (came thru the back door or thru the window). Things went smoothly. Gary (along with help from Cheri and Gabriel) filled 5 to 6 prescriptions per person! Not bad for a days work! Jim and Dee Ann stepped up and took care of the ticketing and crowd control in Larry and Kelly's absence. Everyone worked really well together.
Larry and Kelly have been "patiently" waiting for the remaining luggage to arrive. They have 1 of the 4 bags. They have been prayer walking and visiting with people. They "just so happened" to meet a missionary -Mrs. Harris, I think. Her husband is traveling somewhere in the same area as the medical team. She was to travel today and meet up with him. She was VERY nervous about having to travel alone and for such a long distance. Well, she will be traveling with Larry and Kelly!! They were to go back to the airport this morning- Delta was pretty sure the remaining bags would be there- and then they were going to travel with Mrs. Harris and meet up with the team.
Anyway...that is what I know.
Thanks and enjoy your vacation
Jane Massey
I

No comments:
Post a Comment