Worship with God’s people (Sam’s report)
You do not need to know a language to be able to worship with other believers. There is something in the Spirit that draws believers together in oneness to glorify God. Today was a day of worship and fellowship with believers. Bonnie and stayed locally in Sedhiou to worship with Pastor Ngor Ngom and the believers in his assembly. We had a great time sharing the Word, singing that which we did not understand, praying for a young man who came forward for prayer, and participating in the Lord’s Supper. (Thank -you Tommy). Fellowship included lunch for the pastor and the visiting preacher and his wife. The lunch was a rice dish with fish, vegetables which included cabbage, egg plant, pepper, tomatoes and other things. After lunch Mr. Badji, the headmaster from K.M., dropped by to pick up a laminated copy of the food pyramid in French. This led to a discussion of various issues and ended with us praying for him and a physical issue he has.
Bakass II, Cindy, Claude (the Manjak nurse), and Joseph all went to the church at Djilandjikoto. She will share her report of their day.
Sharing the Gospel through Dental Hygiene (Cindy’s report)
As most of you have figured out by now that Kindra is stateside. I want to personally thank you for sacrificing many sleepless nights to make sure the blog was eloquently written, painting the perfect picture in order for our friends and family to see what was transpiring here. Sam and I lack in having your giftedness but we’ll persevere.
I personally haven’t written anything the last few days because I have been trying to filter the many things our Sovereign Lord has done.
Saturday was a very interesting day. Who would think that you could weave the plan of Salvation into teaching Dental care!?! Well, I did…the food particles and bacteria the rot our teeth represents sin. It slowing destroys us and separates us from God. Jesus died on the cross shedding His blood to cleanses our sin…which is represented by the toothbrush. Getting the picture? As I cont the presentation I would look over to see Sam smiling and gently shaking his head. Boy is he ever going to miss me when we get back home! …maybe like a nightmare! Seriously though, Larry was able to summarize what I had presented and ended the session by telling the children the God loves them and desires to be their closest friend. He illustrated that God desires to lock elbows w/them and walk side by side with them every day. I would never tell Larry this, grinning, but I just love to see him pour our HIS love to those he reaches out to. He and Jeania both are very gifted in that. Calvary, you would be so proud of your representation here in WA!
Mark, I also wanted to tell you the when Mr. Badji spoke to the community he talked about the wonderful things you had taught them. He went on to say that “Mark left his footprint here in Kounayan-Mancagne”.
Bonnie did an excellent job of teaching the food pyramid. Having the tray of diversified fruits and vegetables, purchased at the local market, was a wonderful way to provide the visual they needed, as well as, initiating interaction with the class.
I ended the day by having a private teaching session with women only (with the exception of 2 interpreters). At first it took a little bit for the women to feel comfortable to ask questions but once they did it was no different than if a bunch of us girls were together discussing various health and family issues we have. It is so evident that they just need some one to sit down and listen, provide some TLC, basic health education, and family planning. I already know that we are just in the beginning stages of building relationships w/the women in the Sedhiou region. Please begin to pray that God will speak clearly as to what our next steps will be. Ms Leota, we’re going to let you teach on prayer and hospitality!
Yesterday was a sweet time of worship in Djilandikoto. Larry, Joseph, Claude, Moussa, and I went there while Bonnie and Sam went to Pastor N’gor’s church. Our opening scripture was read by one of the leaders in the church. Gwen, it was Psalm 63:1,2 “O God , you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctrary and beheld your power and your glory”. When I opened my Bible I read a note I had previously written… “Gwen’s verses for Nov ‘08 WA”. As Sam would say…it just so happened.
Larry preached out of John 3 regarding Nicodemus. “In reply Jesus declared, ‘I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless his is born again.’ John 3:3 I think Claude and Joseph enjoyed it more than any of us. There is just something special about being able to praise the One True, Most High God, with other believers in your own native language. It was definitely a time of refueling and refreshment!
We ended the day with a time of sharing from Claude, our mandyak nurse. He graciously expressed some of the desires God is placing on his heart to reach the Manjacku people and to preach the gospel. He is also seeking a way that he could integrate that with his healthcare training. This could not only be a crossroads for Claude but also for Calvary as well. Please fervently pray over this situation. He will face many challenges…but we know HE is able. Eph 3:20.
This morning (Monday) we will be taking some medicine out to the burn girl, Junke, who will possibly be having surgery after the 20th of Feb. This afternoon Bonnie and I will be teaching the women at Pastor N’gors church from 3-5pm, and Sam and Larry are going to be teaching the men from 7-9pm. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will speak the words that HE wants the people to hear. Pray that we will be very sensitive to the needs of the people.
To our families, thank-you for standing in the gap in our absence. We are blessed beyond measure.
For His Kingdom,
Cindy
“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Heb 19:19-25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have been so blessed to continue reading about your journey. Thank you for sharing. It is so difficult to be home...has been a trying transition. Miss you terribly and love you! Give Diauke a hug for me. K
ReplyDelete