Saturday, January 30, 2010

Food Pyramid...

Sam called about noon today and I sometimes for get that you don't all have telepathic abilities and aren't privy to our conversations. Here is the gist:

They taught on nutrition today in KM village using the USDA Food Pyramid. You may ask how that is possible, since you don't just run to the grocery store and buy a well-balanced menu in Africa as we can (note I say can, not necessarily do) here. Cindy had gone to the market (seems like every time I talk to Sam Cindy's out shopping, Mark) and purchased various locally available vegetables which they used to help explain the various nutrients available. Apparently the African diet is not all that
well-rounded either, though they do not have to contend with Pizza Hut and Sonic.

Sam mentioned that the head-master had started the day be reaffirming his Islamic faith to the crowd. The team suspected they he may have gotten some flack from some of the villagers regarding the presentation of the gospel yesterday. By the end of the day, they felt that they had presented enough useful information to dispel the idea that they were simply proselytes.

They will worship with N'gor again in the morning. They will begin some of the training tomorrow night. They have a busy week scheduled. Please pray that the Lord will bless the time they have to train others and that the interpreters will be able to relate everything correctly. Some of what they will be teaching is doctrinal, and I would imagine that it is very important to have good interpretation for that.

By the way, I have had many people calling to ask if we were going to meet for service tomorrow morning and the answer is yes. Regular time. Even if we be few, we will worship our God together. See you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment