Thursday, April 09, 2009

No place like home!


Angeliqe and her son, Ernest

N'gor, Joseph, Angelique, her mother, Ernest, and Diatta

visiting in front of Angelique's house.

Yesterday was a full day of travel!!! Moussa began picking Angelique up at 5:00 and then on to get me. I think we actually got out of Dakar around 6:00 and arrived in Sehiou about 4:00. Fortunately we only had to wait at the ferry approximately 45 min. Due to the Easter holiday there seem to be a lot more people traveling.

Once we arrived in Sedhiou we went to Pastor N’gor’s to pick up Ernest, Angelique’s 4 y/o son. Needless to say, he had had a wonderful time playing with Alphonse and Benjamin. They were his new buddies and he didn’t won’t to leave!

Once again, it is just almost too much to try to put into words the emotions I felt as we pulled up to Angelique’s home. I just don’t think we fully understand the magnitude of how many mountains HE has actually moved in order for Anastasia to have her surgery!!!

Angelique was so excited to be home and her mother was sitting outside when we arrived. You would think that the first thing her mother would inquire about would be Anastasia. But oh no…the first one she wanted to know about was Dr Ray and how he was doing! (Dr Ray, they’re waiting for you!!!) This is one of the ladies we treated for CHF. Although I don’t think she is convinced, she seemed to be doing a lot better.
A young man by the name Diatta, has been caring for her while Angelique has been in Dakar. We had a wonderful visit and they went on and on about grateful they were for all we had done. Diatta expressed that he had never seen people act in their behalf like we had. I explained to him what he saw was the love of Jesus Christ flowing through us. After some visiting we discovered that Diatta’s mother was a true servant of God up until she passed away. Her pastor was the one that lead Joseph to the Lord. How neat is that! It’s my understanding that his father is still Muslim and is a leader in the village where Johnny Clayton, out of Fort Smith, Arkansas, ministers. I had the opportunity to share with Diatta that nothing would be more honoring to his mother than for him to follow in her footsteps in obedience to Christ. It was just a real sweet time!!

As usual, it was wonderful to see NeNe and the children. Please cont to pray for her. She got married last week but is not yet with her husband. Remember that cultural practices are different here and that you don’t even have to be present on your only wedding. We need to pray that God will bring forth fruit from the seeds that have been planted.

As the evening came to a close, Joseph, Pastor N’gor and I had a sweet time of fellowship and reflection. Pastor N’gor stressed the importance of us knowing that our work is not in vain here. That he and Joseph hear comments all the time about the work we are doing. His comment was that God has assured him that HE will complete that which HE has started. I a sat there listening to both of them I couldn’t help but think of what a wonderful team HE has put together!

Today we are going to see Immanuel Mendy, the Head School Master, in Bambakunda. We will be talking with him to see if he is ready for baptism on Sunday. Please pray for strength and understanding.

I love you all…and believe me, the river house just isn’t the same without the American team members here! I miss each of you terribly!...even you Larry! grinning! Girls, it just isn’t right not having anyone to talk and laugh with til the wee hours…guess we’ll just have to have a slumber party we I get home so we can catch up!grinning.

For His Kingdom,
Cindy

This is the scripture that came to my mind as the 3 of us had our devotion…

“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up…Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9,10,12

No comments:

Post a Comment