Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday!

African Easter feast!
First Africa Easter egg hunt...

Nema dancing out of the river!


Nema raised to work in Newness of Life!




Immanueal's first step of obedience! Yeah God!!!




Picture of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection!
Our first Manjacku baptism!!! Hallelujah balloons fill the African sky!!!

All 13 baptism candidates...now that is priceless!
Today was a day of spiritual celebration!!! …celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the baptism of 13 new followers of Christ! Whew! Hallelujah balloons fill the African sky!!

Joseph preached a wonderful message today explaining the New Life we have in Christ Jesus through His death, burial, and resurrection. While the baptism candidates were getting ready the children had their first Easter egg hunt! They got a big kick out of that!

Then we took 2 truck loads of people down to the river by the river house. We had the ceremony in the waters facing “the Island of the Devil”. What a reminder of our victory in Christ! It was such a time of singing, dancing, and playing of drums…even in the truck on the way over.

Three of the 13 that were baptized were Manjacku and each of them was one of Tommy’s students. Yeah God and Yeah Tommy! The only words I know to describe this is what Joseph stated, “This is a day of history in the ministry of the Mandjaku”! Thank-you Lord!

We completed the day’s festivities with a wonderful meal of rice and goat served to the entire church. Elizabeth and some of the women worked so hard!!!

We serve a Living God, the Most High God!
Cindy

“I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me…I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus”. Phillipians 3:10






2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Words cannot express what I'm feeling right now! Hallelujah to the King! Woohoo! PTL!

    Our God is awesome!

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Cindy! I've had the personal privilege of baptizing hundreds of people, but witnessing on this blog the baptism of Immanuel is among the most special to me. The First Baptist family celebrates what God is doing to advance the kingdom among the Mandyak. Thanks for letting us be a part of it all.

    ReplyDelete