Well, after going to 3 airports, waiting on the runway of Banjul for 1 hour, then flying to Cap Skirring, then loading onto a rapede and traveling for another hour and a half, we finally arrived in Ziguinchor! Yeah God! Our prayers were heard and He is faithful. The airline attempted to bump Joseph to the 10 pm flight, but after much "discussion" and speaking to a supervisor, we were able to get him a boarding pass. Thank-you Lord!
Moussa was a welcomed sight w/his shiny, clean van. He takes such good care of us. The rapede was definitely an experience...we made many new memories! grinning!
After we got checked into the hotel we were able to have a nice hot meal of grilled chicken. It's amazing what a hot meal can do for a person!
We are planning on leaving out in the morning around 7:30 so we can attend Pastor N'gom's church. I know that will be a sweet time of worship for the Korean team. They are doing well...taking in all the new sights, sounds, smells, etc of their new mission field. Please be in much prayer for them to know HIS directions and area the HE is calling them to. They each have such a sweet spirit and a desire to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Medical team, we miss you sooo much! Words cannot express the gratitude that I feel for each one of you! HIS mission was accomplished...HIS love was poured out...HIS Gospel was proclaimed! Praise Him for His mighty deeds!
I wish Kindra was here to paint the word pictures that she is so gifted at. I wish each one reading this blog could see what my eyes see, hear what my ears hear, and feel what my heart feels! I am truly blessed!
We send our love to our families. We miss you very much.
For His Kingdom,
Cindy
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Cindy,
ReplyDeleteGod woke me up at 4:00am this morning. Realized you all were beginning to worship in Sedhiou. Gary, Sara and I are wearing our African duds this morning, but I'm not sure we can recreate the rest of that worship atmosphere!
Thanks again for having me as a part of the team. It was an incredible experience. Praying for you, Gwen and the Korean team as you continue to shine as light in the darkness.
Wow- am I sorry that I missed that day of travel...nothing like breaking that Korean team in right, Cindy and Gwen! I hope that you had a renewing time of worship today in Pastor N'Gor's church. I can still hear the ringing of the tambourines, and long for them so! Have a great week, and we look forward to more updates! Find rest. Look to Him for guidance.
ReplyDelete