Thursday, May 08, 2008

A strand of unity

















Good morning dear friends and family. God continues to bless us each day with opened doors. We are so moved by the gracious hospitality that has been extended to us!
Yesterday morning was such a sweet time with Bobo. She did confirm that she had been dismissed from her job at the clinic. That is such a disappointment. But just as Bobo said, “it is okay, God has a plan”.
We had a sweet time of fellowship talking about her lessons, previous visits w/Da-lipnin, and the marvelous time she shared at the clinic w/Gary. I can’t but into words the emotions I felt sitting there. When I sat there looking at Tom, Bobo, and Pastor N’gom all I could see was the beautiful strand of unity that God himself had woven. Please begin to pray fervently for these 3 individuals. Pray that God will comfort their hearts as they have to say good-bye at the end of the week. Also pray that they will be empowered to “stand firm”, equipped w/the full armor, so that they may each one continue the work that our Father has called them to do.
This morning will be defining moment in our meeting w/the chief of the village. We will need to communicate to him the decision we have made regarding the clinic. Please continue to pray that Pastor Sam will speak only the words that God would have him say, that the Holy Spirit’s presence will radiate, and that every word would convey truth spoken in love.
After we returned to Sedhiou, Gwen and I went to make one last visit w/Dr. Barro. He is so appreciative of our efforts and could not be more accommodating.
We then returned to the river house to enjoy the meal that NeNe had prepared I have included a picture of NeNe’s personal “food processor”.
With stomachs full, we set out for Bloc and had the awesome privilege of showing the Jesus film to over 400 people. The van was loaded, both w/people and equipment. Two deacons from Pastor N’gom’s church went to operate the projector . We rejoiced at the opportunity that NeNe (our cook) wanted to see the film as well. The film had to be shown on 4 different reels and it took about 30 mins per reel. The only thing that was missing was popcorn and cokes at intemission! Pastor N’gom’s sincere, gentle spirit was so evident as you listened to him translate the film’s message from Mandyak to Mandinka to NeNe. She watched the film w/such intensity. Pray that the seeds planted will come to full fruition.
The group from Georgia will have their last day of clinic today. Please be in fervent prayer as that is always such a difficult time for the village people. It has been so exciting to see how God brought Billy here to be the additional consultant that was needed. Billy has been a tremendous blessing to that team and has received the blessing back 10 fold. Praise Ye the Lord!
Due to limited internet access, may I indulge a personal message? Sandee, my dear friend! How I wish that I could have been w/you in that O.R. Friday!…and how I wish you could be walking these hot, dusty roads w/me now. Please know that we are conveying your love to everyone!
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12...This is the picture of Bobo, N’gor, and Tom.
Blessings and love to everyone,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, Gwen & Team,

    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. I can only praise God in all that you are doing there. I wish I could be with you but know my prayers are with you. I pray for your safety and health.

    Delayn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Another great day it souds like, lol! thanks for another great blog, Cindy. Mother wishes to give big HI and kiss to my Father. Only four more days left!!! WOO! HOO!
    Thanks again!
    Much love, Amy Myers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:48 PM

    It has been good to follow the blogs on your trip. It is bringing back memories. Tell Sam to go to bed at a decent hour, at least for the benefit of his roommate.(from a recent roommate) The group looks good and sounds like you have been busy. Keep up God's work. Tell Sam to keep my wife out of trouble and tell her I said Hi! Love you! See you soon. I am sure Cindy is already rounding up patients for Dr Ray and myself.

    Dr Mike

    ReplyDelete