
Love at first sight! Gary discovers an olfactory
sensation that is second to none!

First…God is good!! Second, please forgive me as the computer is not cooperating with all the pictures but for those whose family’s pictures are not there, trust me that they are great! Finally, we were near 150 today—like a well oiled machineJ.
We started today at 7am. The team was in good spirits after a good night’s sleep, and ready to start the day. We traveled to the clinic to find another mob of people waiting on us. What a blessing and how overwhelming at the same time!
When we arrived, we assembled the team and gathered in a circle in the lot, joined hands, and shared time with our Father. We finished with an beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace. We were greeted by a newborn baby boy that was born overnight by the midwife…what a wonderful surprise! The clinic was a faster start this morning, and we found ourselves in the 40’s by 10:15 am, 60’s by the time we took a break for snack, and so on… we definitely had our groove on! Brother Sam was walking around like a proud papa! Dr. Ray and Jeania (I am sorry to all- I spelled her name wrong yesterday) did a great, efficient job today. They worked with Fran again, and saw everyone from infants to the elders.
There were many interesting cases and many routine. Infants and children with dehydration, upper respiratory infections, skin rashes, injuries and burns; adults with hypertension, bronchitis, gout, fatty tumors, STD’s, anemia, malnutrition, goiters, joint and back pain, fungal infections, and the like. We had a few “special” patients today that stayed with us for several hours. Rhonda spent time caring for a newborn baby that was dehydrated, similar to the case that we saw yesterday, and the team has decided that it is her spiritual gift.
We kept Megan busy in the triage area, taking complaints, weights and temperatures. What a blessing she has been to there! Delayn and Dr. Mike did lots, and I mean lots, of dentistry today, and also ran a nursery out of the dentist office half the time. Larry and Sam had the front gait working like
Prayer was, of course, the most important part of our day…before we saw the people, as we were seeing them, after, whenever we had the chance. As task masters, the nurses were always trying to keep things moving, and Sam and Larry were quick (and correct) to remind us as to the “real” reason that we are here…to win souls to Jesus our Savior. There were some rabble rousers, but thankfully no fights. Let me tell you that the West Africans understand the meaning of a line and “my turn!”
Overall, it was a great day, and we are ready for tomorrow. God has answered prayers, and provided us with the additional medications that we needed, and there will be many left over that we can leave with the local hospital as well as with Dr. Steele in
Please be in continued prayer for the health and safety of our team (everyone is healthy so far), the provisions of care (as they seem to be multiplying as we work- praise God), and the health and spirit of the people we are caring for. Please remember that tomorrow will be a hard day emotionally for the team, as we will have to drive away, looking into the faces of those whose physical needs that we did not meet, and pray that the Spirit will touch the ground upon which they walk, and that He will glorify His name thorough us on our last work day. Until tomorrow…
Ephesians 3:14-21 captures our prayer for the members of
Submitted by Kindra York






Praise God! I am only sorry I cannot be there to work in the "nursery" while my husband pulls teeth.
ReplyDeleteTeam...I am so proud of all of you. I know you have had to push through some major challenges but you have all done an amazing job of demonstrating HIS sacrificial love to the people of Sansamba. Know that we are fervently praying for you as you complete you last day in Sansamba.
ReplyDelete"The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it" 1 Thes 5:24
Again, there is so much I want to communicate...so much you've allowed me to "see"....words aren't enough so I will close w/the words of Paul...
"I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete."
2 John 1:13
Cindy
Prayer warriors at FBC Desloge have been contacted.
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish I could be there with you to put into practice the medical skills I learned as a Doctors Assistant! I would love to be working right there beside you all and being able to use the gifts God gave me of caring for the sick. I know you all have heavy hearts knowing you will be packing up and leaving but please remember all the good you have let God do through you! What a blessing to know you were Gods messengers for a week! And you were amazing at it! What selfless people you are and I pray that God will bless each and every one of you in a special way for being willing to go! I only knew Brandon and Kindra when this trip started, now I feel as though I have a whole new group of brothers and sisters out there! I hope today went well as you packed up and had to go. It is about 7:00pm your time now so the day is over. Be safe as you all start your process of coming home. Brandon and Kinda...the Tohlen's are here to welcome you with open arms and anxiously awaiting to hear all your great stories!
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
The Tohlen Family!
Each day, I anxiously await Kendra's post. This technology has enabled us to really feel that we are a part of the mission experience. Since not all prayer warriors have computers :-), it's precious for me to be able to share daily with those who really care about how the team is doing. The pictures are a great added touch!
ReplyDeleteWe already knew one of Ronda's spiritual gift was in loving babies. Ronda, rest assured your family is doing well. You will continue to be bathed in our prayers throughout the entire trip.
Our love and prayers,
Margaret
I sat down just to read each day of your trip and all that you have encountered and just to look at all the pictures. The tears just ran down my face as I looked at those little ones...I just had to stop & pray for each little face.
ReplyDeleteI pray for you all daily that you all just feel an sense of peace, comfort, strength, safety and that you feel the Holy Spirit at work in the lives of those you have come in contact with.
B&K....we love & miss you guys!! Taylor (& Andy) especially miss you Brandon...don't worry you haven't been replaced!
We are excited to hear all of your stories when you come home to us!
Love,
Wendy & family