Tuesday, November 13, 2007

First night in Sansamba

Dear Calvary ,

First of all, I just want to say what a challenge it is for me to even write this blog due to fact that it is so hard to put into words all that we are seeing and experiencing. We serve an awesome God!

My first experience this morning was such a great pictorial of what I feel like so much of this trip has been about…it is about the Victory of the Cross over the hand of the enemy! My very first thoughts before I opened my eyes were "Yeah God we made it thru the night!"…"I am so proud of Rachel!". Keep in mind our mattress is on the floor…we had had a few "bug" issues and had gone to bed claiming victory over a Gecko sharing our room (Rachel and I both are NOT into bugs!). As I sat up, I placed my feet on the floor and glanced down by my foot and there was a baby scorpion that had been crushed by my heel. What could have been a greater picture of what we had gone thru….the night wasn't about just having the comforts of home…it was about persevering thru the night….overcoming the "sting" of the enemy, so that people may hear of the hope in Christ Jesus!....Victory of the Cross!

While I was at the hospital last night talking w/the Doctor he received a phone call saying that there was a young woman who was in a coma. She was pregnant and they expected her to die in the night because they could not get her to a hospital to receive care. She lived in Opa's village town. My heart grieved…I so wanted to be able go in the car and get her but there wasn't anyway. The greater sense of urgency was that she could possibly be dyeing without the opportunity to hear of the saving knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ!! THAT is why we come!

"Where , O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God ! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." I Cor 15:55-58

As Scott pointed out it all comes down to love…HIS love demonstrated on the cross and us allowing Him to demonstrate it through us.

Please cont in prayer…that is the key. We have found much favor w/the medical mission…we are to go to Sansamba and Marsarrsum this morning. I can't wait to see Bobo!!

For His Kingdom,

Cindy

1 comment: