I sit at the airport all alone. I spent the night like a child waiting Christmas morning. The excitement of going back to Senegal and then to a new country (Gambia) raced through every ounce of my body. It was hard to get my mind to shut down. I prayed much for you at Calvary. I thank you for the privilege of leading this team from Ridgecrest on their first journey to the Mandyak in Gambia. My heart rejoices! I can only imagine the excitement that fills the hearts of Dave, Kelly and Becky as they make their trip to the St. Louis Airport. We covet your continuous prayer. We once again journey into a country and to a people who have very little, if any opportunity to hear the good news. We do not take our responsibility lightly.
On another note, I received one of many calls yesterday from Pastor Butch Butcher from Atlanta area. He has been talking to me about the Engaging Church role for nearly a year. He and a team from their church will fly to Mali on May 2 to explore three different people groups to see who it is God wants them to engage as a local church. He was so excited. God is doing great things all over the states as local churches step to the plate to fill in the gap of engaging the unengaged peoples of the world. The last report I received said that 33 churches have now become or are in the process of becoming Engaging Churches in West Africa. Praise the Lord! We have now jumped from engaging 42 peoples to 75 peoples in West Africa in a single year. Only God can do that. Please continue to pray for God to call out many more local bodies of believers from among our nearly 43000 SBC churches to get involved in this marvelous exciting journey of missions.
I love you Calvary. Please cover us in much prayer. I know you will. Thank you!
Pastor Rick
No comments:
Post a Comment