Good Morning All,
It is a great morning here. We awake to the sounds of the call to prayer and the roosters crowing to the top of their lungs. The electric went off last night for a couple of hours. It has not yet been extremely hot. The breeze here in
I was able to talk to Mousa Sene (The man who gave Joshua his Sereer Sene name) last night. I had atia with him and ate some millet. He is so close to understanding the truth. He will look to the stars and confess with the sounds of the calls to prayer that “these things do not get you to God”. He only needs the Holy Spirit to open his heart to the message. Please pray for him. He has become a dear friend.
As we sat with Jacquolin yesterday and Dave spoke with her, a hawk began to make his familiar sound. I looked around and saw it on a tower above us. I kept thinking of the parable of the sower when some of the seed fell on hard soil and the birds of the air came and ate it up before it could penetrate. I was reminded of the constant presence of the “birds” (the devil according to Jesus in the parable) waiting to devour the seed. But in the parable, some of the seed fell among good soil and the birds did not get it. It brought forth fruit. Some off it returned 100 fold, some 60 fold and some 30 fold. Jacquolin is good soil. I sat and watched her in her own language use the evange-card tell her young cousin how to ask Jesus into his heart. Her face glowed. She walked us the customary distance from her home in great respect and love for us. I had a deep sense of gratefulness that the Lord would allow Dave, Kelly and Becky to see this and to confirm in their hearts the reason they are here.
This morning we will leave for The Gambia. It may take many hours due to the road conditions and the ferry crossing at the
As always, we covet your prayers. All are well physically and emotionally. It is a good trip for
Pastor Rick

No comments:
Post a Comment