Well we are back in Dakar. We thought we would have internet access last night but the Hotel's wifi connection was so bad we could not get our computers to hook up.
All are doing well and Ryan, who had the bout of upset digestive tract has now fully recovered. I think he is craving some American foodvin a way he hasn't for a while, but I am sure he will survive until that happens next week some time.
We went back to Bloc to take some pictures of the school children and teachers. We did that before we headed back to Zigiunchor. We arrive in Zig early afternoon and had lunch at one of our translators cousin's home. We had a dish called Mafa. It is a meat dish with a peanut sauce that is quite tasty! It is served out of something called a common bowl.
We boarded a flight from Zigiunchor to Dakar. We had one of those "just in time" experiences again. I had left an adapter to my computer back at the hotel and they called us at about 5 minutes before our flight was to leave to say that they found it. I would have been a minor proplem to just leave it, but the plane had not arrived at the airport yet, so Jean, one of our translators said we would have plenty of time to go back to the hotel to get it. So he and I went back to the hotel, and got the part drove back and had to find someone in our group to borrow a bill from small enough that the driver had change for. As I am walking up to the terminal, there is this big commotion going on. Evidently they had overbooked the flight and a person was not happy that he was going to be left behind. I had to make my way through all that without adding to the confusion. As Jean and I joined our group, they had already loaded half of the people on the transport to the plane. I would say we had 30 seconds to spare. God is good. We have created a new expression because of our airport experiences. We now say it doesn't matter if you arrive right on time, it only matters that you arrive just in time. Needless to say we made it an all is good.
We will be doing prayer walking in the Mandjaku neighborhoods tomorrow morning, and then we will be off finishing up some financial matters with the IMB and our travel agent. Our flight out of Dakar leaves at about 2:50am on the 13th. We need some major praying going on during one phase of our flight back. We have a 1 hour layover when we make a connection in Lisbon going to Madrid. The airline TAP has been 1 hour and 15 minutes late on every flight we have taken with them so far. Pray that our flight from Lisbon is not an hour late and the flight to Madrid on time. If that were to happen we will not make the flight. Pray that either all flights run on time, or all flight are delayed the same amount of time so we can make our connections. We will be trying to execute that leg of the trip between the hours of 12:30 am - 1:30 am St. Charles time. I know that will be late for some.
There may be one more update before I return. It just depends on how late we are getting back from prayer walking. If I have some time before we need to get our business done in the afternoon, I may be able to get one more in that will have the update from the prayer walk.
Blessings!
All are doing well and Ryan, who had the bout of upset digestive tract has now fully recovered. I think he is craving some American foodvin a way he hasn't for a while, but I am sure he will survive until that happens next week some time.
We went back to Bloc to take some pictures of the school children and teachers. We did that before we headed back to Zigiunchor. We arrive in Zig early afternoon and had lunch at one of our translators cousin's home. We had a dish called Mafa. It is a meat dish with a peanut sauce that is quite tasty! It is served out of something called a common bowl.
We boarded a flight from Zigiunchor to Dakar. We had one of those "just in time" experiences again. I had left an adapter to my computer back at the hotel and they called us at about 5 minutes before our flight was to leave to say that they found it. I would have been a minor proplem to just leave it, but the plane had not arrived at the airport yet, so Jean, one of our translators said we would have plenty of time to go back to the hotel to get it. So he and I went back to the hotel, and got the part drove back and had to find someone in our group to borrow a bill from small enough that the driver had change for. As I am walking up to the terminal, there is this big commotion going on. Evidently they had overbooked the flight and a person was not happy that he was going to be left behind. I had to make my way through all that without adding to the confusion. As Jean and I joined our group, they had already loaded half of the people on the transport to the plane. I would say we had 30 seconds to spare. God is good. We have created a new expression because of our airport experiences. We now say it doesn't matter if you arrive right on time, it only matters that you arrive just in time. Needless to say we made it an all is good.
We will be doing prayer walking in the Mandjaku neighborhoods tomorrow morning, and then we will be off finishing up some financial matters with the IMB and our travel agent. Our flight out of Dakar leaves at about 2:50am on the 13th. We need some major praying going on during one phase of our flight back. We have a 1 hour layover when we make a connection in Lisbon going to Madrid. The airline TAP has been 1 hour and 15 minutes late on every flight we have taken with them so far. Pray that our flight from Lisbon is not an hour late and the flight to Madrid on time. If that were to happen we will not make the flight. Pray that either all flights run on time, or all flight are delayed the same amount of time so we can make our connections. We will be trying to execute that leg of the trip between the hours of 12:30 am - 1:30 am St. Charles time. I know that will be late for some.
There may be one more update before I return. It just depends on how late we are getting back from prayer walking. If I have some time before we need to get our business done in the afternoon, I may be able to get one more in that will have the update from the prayer walk.
Blessings!
Here are David's pictures...
Andrew & Jean Mende

Jean Pierre's New Glasses! (Thanks Ms. Bonnie)

Mmmm Good... Mafa (Rice with sauce)

Mmmm Good... Roadkill (Tomorrow's Mafa?)

The Kelly Family - Richard, Fran, Alex, Daniel & Patrick

No comments:
Post a Comment