Friday, January 05, 2007

More Encouragement from Brother Sam

From: Sam Turner [mailto:bwanasam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 4:58 PM
To: Rick Hedger
Cc: Scott Forbes
Subject: Re: Thank you!
Forgot to mention that Lynn Harney said today that the proper work for the Mandyak is the Manjaku ... The former is the French pronouncation the latter is they way they say it.
 
David and I plan on going with Guy to pick Cindy up in the morning.  I have found out that Cindy DeMars is a nurse and is the coordinator for medical mission projects. We will not have much time tomorrow but I will try to get them together.
 
Met a young man at lunch ... we got to talking... he went to Rift Valley Academy in Kenya ... His dad taught art at the school ... who taught our daughter to draw ... The son we met played rugby with our son.  Please note that this was just an "accidental" meeting, because they recognized Lynn ... and he them but they could remember each others names ... just faces.  Time of meeting ... we walked in to eat at 11:55 or 5:55 a.m. Neosho time!  He orders our path, without us knowing.
 
He is with Youth For Christ ... in Guinea Bissau ... the church they are working with is with the WEC.  He said that the church is excited about missions and are sending out young people.  Problem is organization.  I  asked about Mandjaku ... response Yes they do have some who are part of the mission outreach.  I asked if you were to come with a group of Hispanic pastors on a vision trip, would they be available ... response Yes, but they leave for furlough July 07. 
 
Hey it is exciting to be part of what God is doing.  Thanks for praying!!!!!
 
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment