| Working with a New Mission Today we had all types of opportunities. One I finally figured out how to post some pictures. I had another one to send but I had forgotten to resize it. I was sending on Pastor Ngore's computer but could resize pictures on it. So I had my computer there to do that then reset with the USB drive. It was the long way around but it worked. I had the opportunity to witness the making of two pairs of glasses. Pastor set up the table and his jig. He made the glasses but was also teaching a young man how to make them. I took the opportunity to talk about Discipleship with him … using examples in his current setting. After lunch we drove out to the property that Jefferson has purchased to build a training center which will include his house, etc. We read scripture and prayed over the property to dedicate it to the glory of the Lord. We returned to town and a stop at the Boutique for a cool drink (wish I could say cold!) and then on out to Bamakounda. Working with a new mission is fun. It took a period of time for them to arrive which is an usual experience. We were at our meeting spot which is under a Mango tree. They had brought stools, buckets, and one chair (which was given to the old man) out for us to set on. We wound up with about 16 plus kids. We got started about 5:30 finished about 8. Buddy and I taught. Basically, it was about church membership. The subject was probably slightly advanced for them but proved to be a good because it generated a lot of questions which was why we left after dark. Dealing with the basics is important for young believers. There was considerable discussion on baptism that got us all involved. Joseph did a great job encouraging them to use the Bible as their guide. One fellow had been 'baptized' as a catholic, and then baptized as New Apostolic Church (which combines a form of Christianity and a lot of cultural practices). He wanted to get baptized tomorrow, but Joseph and Pastor said a fairly emphatic No. It appears that we will have two to baptize in the Casamance River near the market so folks can see us. Buddy will assist, I will probably take pictures. After the morning service we will go to the river for the baptism. If we get done in time, then we will seek to get a picture to you all ASAP so that it can be shown. I will try to send it to Scott, Roger and maybe Rod as well as the blog. We got back into town about 9 p.m. to find the electricity off. When I called Bonnie, I asked her to call a couple of prayer warriors. About 10:30 … in the middle of supper… the power returned. I called her back to say it was on and to call whomever she called and thank them. She said that she had call Roy B. Thank you all for praying for us. We really appreciate it. Bro. Sam |
Sunday, March 06, 2011
Report from Saturday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment