Thursday, January 28, 2010

God Alone

And do not forget the things I have done throughout history. For I am God--I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like me. Isaiah 46:9

Wednesday in Dakar was a true blessing, as our last travel day often proves to be. We were able to minister to the children at ICRD (International Center of Refuge and Development), as we have the last three years. We assessed and treated about 40 children and 12 teachers over the three hour span; the kiddos here are always such a blast! It brings great joy for us to be able to bless them with medical care, hygeine items, crayons, toys, candy etc. Robert, the administrator at the school, thankfully reminds us that we are often the only medical care that these children are able to receive all year- something of an annual check-up!

From there, the team was of course able to enjoy the artisan market before heading out to the airport. Going to the airport is always filled with mixed emotions- trying to process the happenings of the week, saying goodbye to our African family, looking forward to seeing our American family, yet knowing that we are leaving when there is still so much to be done...

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you all that we made it home safely to St. Louis this morning as scheduled after a long night of flying over the ocean. The travel was uneventful, and the Kansas City and Neosho team members are making their way home to their families now. We continue to pray for safe travels and a restful, much awaited evening of family fellowship.

Words cannot express the emotions of the past 11 days, and it is overwhelming to think of everything that has happened. God has revealed Himself to us in abundant, miraculous, intricate ways. He is weaving a beautiful quilt of His work in this area, and for some reason, He let us participate. Thanks for sharing it with us! I hope that reading the blog over the past 10 days or so has somehow painted a beautiful picture of God and the work He is doing in West Africa, and I pray that it is somehow stirring something in you! Please continue to be in prayer for Cindy, Larry, Sam and Bonnie as they continue their trip with follow up and training!

God Bless! Kindra

No comments:

Post a Comment