Monday, November 09, 2009

On US soil





































Dear Friends and Family,


We just wanted to let you know that our first flight went well...esp for Mark and I. We were both able to lay down in 3 seats and sleep the entire way!! What a blessing ! :)
As far as we know there aren't any delays in flights, but that is always subject to change.

Our visit yesterday with the Stelzer family went very well. The kids have grown a foot. Rick A., Pam gave Abby her present but Jana wouldn't let her open yet since it wasn't her birthday. :(
The women had fun shopping at the artisan village...note I said "women"!...grinning.
We then went to Goree Island and had a great history lesson...one I don't think you'd ever find in the history books. Our guide, Alli, was an English and History major. He had so much knowledge stored in his head that I got a headache! :)
Over 20 million slaves were sold from Gorree Island by the Africans and another 6 million either died there or enroute to where they were being taken. It is heart wrenching to hear how one human being was treated by another human being!!! God forgive us!!!
It won't be long and we'll be home. To our families, we love you deeply and appreciate all of your support. We wouldn't be able to go if you weren't willing to take up the slack there at home. Know that you are just as much a part of this team as those who actually went.
Neosho Middle School, I want to express my appreciation and support for Mark and the letters you sent to the student. The African students have sent letters back. We our so blessed to have the educational opportunities that we have. We are blessed!

I'll post a few more pictures...talk to you when we get home. One is of Anastasia at the market.

love to all,
Cindy








No comments:

Post a Comment