Friday, October 30, 2009

Day of Rest

Day of Rest

God is so gracious and provides our every need. We started out with a trip to the market to buy the bulk of things needed for the Leadership conference on Friday and Saturday. Pam and I went with Elizabeth while Pastor N’gor and Sam went to the school to post the blog. There’s just nothing like shopping African style!!! I would try to paint you a picture but I just don’t have that kind of artistic ability.

While we were buying rice a little boy came up and grabbed my hand. I immediately recognized him as Angelique’s older son. He then lead me directly to where she now has a fruit and vegetable stand. Needless to say, we created a little excitement with our jubilant reunion. Anastasia was with her. She is seeing out of one eye but has little to no sight in the other. Please pray that I will have another opportunity to visit w/Angelique.

After our shopping was completed we returned to the school to pick up Sam and Pastor N’gor. I found Sam to be quite frustrated due to having such difficulty in posting the blog. I won’t take the time now to give details but will let him fill you in at a later time.

While we were at the school Mamadou returned to the river house to pick up Roger. On the way back to the school the van started having troubles…it wouldn’t go into first gear or reverse. Fortunately, we were able to make it back to the river house and ended up having a great day of rest and preparation. God continues to provided our needs and direct our steps.

Specific prayer needs include the healing of Pastor’s foot, repair of the van, safe travel for the rest of the team, and the Leadership conference. Women will meet first from 9:00 am - 2:00 pm and then the men from 4:pm – 9:00 pm. On Sat the men will meet from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Please pray that we will have wisdom and discernment far beyond our natural abilities.

Praises include continued health for the team, God’s provision and protection, and MANY opportunities to shine Light in darkness.

With a heart full of thanksgiving,
Cindy

“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” Jeremiah 6:16

Addendum I (Turner style)

Flash!!!!! A great game hunt of West Africa occurred when a giant Gecko got into Cindy’s room. After much planning, obtaining the necessary weaponry, and with swift direct action, she, with great courage and boldness, slapped a sticky trap upon the prowling Gecko. Now Geico is in need of a mascot!

Team’s arrival
The team arrived safely with all the luggage in hand! Yeah God. They were able to be out on the road about 5:30 or 6:00 and will now travel all day to the Casamance. Please pray for their strength and protection as they make their journey.

Some of you may not believe this, but I am to be at the market by 7:30 this morning. Sam will be posting yesterday ‘s blog and I will write more this evening. We continually feel your prayers. Know that YOU make a difference!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment