Monday, November 03, 2008

Mission Banquet 2008...

First of all, there are posts from Saturday and Sunday which Cindy sent this morning, which I have put up (backdated). She is having such trouble communicating that she could not even get email through to me and had to have Sandee Hedger forward it! Talk about oppression!

Now, for the mission banquet. Thank you to all who helped make this event a success, it was wonderful. I was very pleased with the turnout, and I hope you all got a little more insight into the process of missions at Calvary, as well as a blessing through the words of Tommy Myers!

I have some pictures to post here. If anyone else took photos, it would be great if you could dump them to a disk and get that to brother Sam. We would like to start a permanent archive of photographs of mission related activity at Calvary.

It's been a busy couple of days, and I know Susan and I especially want to thank the many individuals who came to help in meal preparation and clean-up. What a blessing last night, when we were both exhausted, to see the kitchen jam-pcked full of people washing dishes and laughing! I love the Calvary family.

Brother Tommy Blair brought over the new Shoal Creek feeding unit and boy is it nice! He assisted us greatly by allowing the use of the tilting skillet and rice cookers. Calvary currently has only three people that I know of who are trained in SBCDR Mass Care (Mass Feeding) and I would surely like to see more people get trained and certified at Baptist Hill this February. Remember when Shoal Creek gets called out at any given time, there will be a limited number of local volunteers that will be able to participate. The larger the pool we can call from, the better chance we can staff this excellent equipment.

The event was catered by our fabulous in-house chef, Suzanne Forbe! I might be a little biased, but everything was beautiful, Sue. And I know that she wants to thank again each and every one the helped make it happen, from the sliced tomatoes to the peach pie! Esta and her team did wonderful work decorating the dining tables, and the teams representing the various regions continue to add to a growing collection of mission memorabelia every year. Everything was great!

We all had a good time wishing Brother Sam "Hongera kwa siku ya"! That would be happy birthday in Swahili.

God bless all.





No comments:

Post a Comment