Praise God that our 2 days of travel are complete and we arrived in Sedhiou safe and sound. God’s favor began at the airport in Northwest Arkansas. As a lot of you know we were taking hams and turkeys to the missionaries for Thanksgiving. The airline could have charged us for both extra luggage and extra weight but only charged us for the extra piece of luggage. Yeah God!
All of our flight connections went without any glitches and Gwen and I both arrived in Atlanta around the same time. Our flight to Dakar had a minor delay which caused Joseph and Moussa to have to wait a bit at the airport for us to arrive. Joseph got a little dose of his own medicine…teehee! Our biggest disappointment was that Gwen’s luggage did not arrive. Fortunately she had most of her personal belongings in her carry on but a lot of the school supplies were in the checked bags. Please pray for their timely arrival.
Everything went very smoothly…well, maybe that’s stretching it…let me rephrase that. We didn’t have any problems crossing borders but the ride through Gambia was anything but smooth. They have been blessed with a plentiful rainy season yet that plays havoc on the dirt roads. We only had to wait about an hour for the ferry which gave Joseph and Moussa just enough time to eat. As some of you know, that’s Joseph’s favorite pass time activity!
When we arrived at the guest house we were greeted by many friends…all questioning about their dear friend Tommy. I don’t’ think any of us will know this side of Heaven the impact that Tommy has had on their lives. Thank-you Lord, for his sacrificial obedience.
Today we will spend time trying to locate mattresses. We did not have enough for everyone last night so Gwen and I decided to sacrifice and stay at the LaPalmerie…grinning. Sam, don’t worry, our remote worked very well! Teehee!
To our families, we already miss you!
Thank-you so much for your faithful prayer support. We have felt them and know that that is what sustains us. I will leave you with the scripture that God had given to Angela for us last week…thank-you Father!
“See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you long the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.” Exodus 23:20
HE is faithful!
Cindy

Cindy & Gwen,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you made it safely. Praise God. I hope the luggage shows up soon. My heart is there with you.
Delayn