Hello to all from Dakar, Senegal. Hello families and friends, Hello First Baptist Neosho, Hello Calvary Neosho, Hello Abundant Life, Hello Wheaton First Baptist, Hello First Baptist Desloge and Hello Ridgecrest Baptist St. Charles! Look what God has done to weave such a special team! First thank you all for your continuous prayers- God has been good so far, and has allowed us to arrive at the guest house safely in Dakar. We had much love and support while departing Springfield-Branson Regional Airport this morning, and made it onto the plane after some rearranging of luggage and carry-ons. The trip to Atlanta was uneventful. We stopped for lunch, and proceeded to our plane for the 8 hour trip to Dakar. The plane to Dakar was full, and to say it was "bumpy" would be an understatment to say the least. Regardless, we arrived safely, and we were pleased to count 24 checked bags come off the carosel. Joseph, Charles, John and our driver greeted us at the airport with hugs, hand shakes and smiles. It was like a homecoming for the members of the team that had been here before. The guest house is comfortable and well stocked. We are preparing to send Brandon, Larry, and Joseph on their way ahead of the team to Sediou by van, with all of the supplies, so we request specific prayer for their safety and health as they travel away from the group. We will fly out to Ziguinchor in the morning to meet the men. Until that time, please continue to be in contiunous prayer for the team, for the necessary provisions, for safety, for health preservation, for mental health, and most importantly, that we carry out the will of our Lord who has sent us. Pray also for those that we will meet as we travel, for both those we are able to touch, and more importantly for those which we are not. Pray that the Holy Spirit works through us and through our prayers to bring Peace and Salvation to the people of West Africa. Until tomorrow...
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who brings glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:15
(Submitted by Kindra York)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well team...needless to say I can't sleep. God has called me to the 2am prayer shift. Mark usually has that assignment but God decided to pass it on to me. I don't think Mark's feelings are hurt!(grinning). I am so thankful for your safe arrival...know that I am in cont intercession in your behalf. I am overwhelmed when I begin to think of the numerous answers to prayer of HIS networking to have accomplished all that has been done. HE is faithful.
ReplyDelete2 Timothy 4:17 "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed...."
Folks I just want to let you know that we have finally taken advantage of the generous offer of Mona Dahlstrom Hart and her prayer warriors at First Southern Baptist in Bullhead City Arizona to act as PrayerPlus partners in our West Africa work. Welcome brothers and sisters in Arizona to the Team! We do appreciate you!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from soggy MO. Greet Joseph for me and thank him for his faithful commitment to support our teams in service to Him. Tell Sam we are keeping a close eye on Bonnie during his absence.
ReplyDeletePraying for safe travels as you enter the remote regions. "Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God IS WITH YOU wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
I praise God for your safe travel to Dakar and will continue to pray for your safety as you finish up your journey. Brandon will be joining the club of Ridgecrest folks who earn the badge of bruises on the long car "ride" to Zig via the Gambia. I pray you make all the border and ferry crossings without delay. Enjoy the beautiful vistas as you travel.
ReplyDeleteI am a little jealous. 1 year ago I was where you are and was witness to the wonderful and miraculous things God did. I am sure you will witness similar miracles.
I pray for your fatigue that usually hits about 8 hours after you land. The remedy for that has been prayer and the excitement of being where you are ready to do a great work in the name of the Lord.
Say hello to Joseph for me. Tell him I hope to see him this summer when we return to the Gambia.
God bless you all.
Bro David
We were excited to hear that you have made it there safely but are praying for safety as your group is separated. We are excited to hear all that God has planned for you. May you find strength when you get tired & worn knowing that you have many people praying for you back home. Brandon & Kindra...the girls (& Luke) miss you and they are remembering you too in their prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
The Helton family
Hey guys,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you made it safely across the ocean. I, we (Helton family) thought about you all day yesterday. I kept thinking where are they now and how are they doing. I know that you are in the best possible hands with God. We will continue to pray for the work that God has planned just for you and your team.
Thank you God for delivering the team safely to Africa. I guess I should have joined Cindy and prayed with her last night as I too was awake. The storms were horrible so I couldn't sleep either but I did pray for you all. I knew that your day was beginning and prayed that God would give you energy and excitement as you started your work. Praying for Larry and Brandon as they are separated from you. Do remember that our God is always faithful and will provide for all your needs.
ReplyDeleteHello team! The Tohlen's are so thankful that you have had safety with your trip so far. We will continue to pray that God will bless you, keep you safe and use you for HIS purpose while you all are on this trip. I know you are tired and we will pray for strength and for you to be able to sleep when time allows. Keep up the good work. You have a lot of pray warriors here cheering you on! God Bless you all!
ReplyDeleteThe Tohlen Family
I praise God for your safe travel to Dakar and will continue to pray for your safety as you finish up your journey. I feel a sense of sadness because it was less than six months since I was there. I pray that if it is his will every seed that is planted will be harvested. I will check back daily to follow your progress.
ReplyDeleteIn his love
Jim Hamer
We have been and still are praying for you.
ReplyDeleteOur prayers now are for your safe closing of the clinics and safe return home.
Paul and Betty Swadley
Springfield