Dear Calvary family,
We have arrived safely back to Dakar! The IMB guest house is such a sweet site!!! The Lord has been so good to us! I guess there was an airline strike Wedns or Thursday but we didn't have an ounce of trouble.
Our week in the Casamance was so eventful it's hard to know where to start. I think most of the stories are going to have to wait 'til we're in person. The highlight of the trip was taking the school supplies to Bloc. They greeted us like Royalty....provided military escort and everything. The entire community came and put on a celebration....the drums were played, the women danced, and several speeches were made. Most importantly, when the school master and the Prefecture of Education made their speeches they acknowledged that it was a result of our prayers and commitment to the people that we were there. I don't know that we will ever be able to convey the full scope of what we experienced that day. I was able to express that it was "in the name of Jesus", that the supplies were given and that we would cont to pray for their people.
We had a sweet visit w/Opa and his wife, Tootie. Unfortunately, she has been very ill and that has relocated them. They have such a desire to be totally "devoted to the work of Jesus", as Opa puts it. It was heart breaking yet inspirational at the same time to see their level of commitment against such adversity.
We are all well, extremely tired, but well. Please pray for safe and restful travel as we begin our journey home tomorrow night. We are already in prayer for the mission's dinner. I hate that I won't be able to meet Tom Sunday.
We have felt your prayers and have noted on multiple occasions the time correlation between events and knowing that the body is at the church prayer. HE IS FAITHFUL!
We are so anxious to be back home...
With great love and appreciation for our church family,
Cindy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment